Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 2

My second day at Family Medicine at Willow Bend started much like the first did. A lot of filing from the night before and many papers needed to be put into the proper location. After lunch, Melinda explained the patient charts to me. Sometimes insurance companies will audit doctors offices before they will pay. She showed me that every box needs to be completed and the doctor usually forgets to so we complete it for him. She also explained to me various antibiotics and diagnoses. It was very informative and helped a lot with filing the paperwork.
The past two days I have noticed several things about the running of this doctors office. For one, in my two days here the doctor has not said a single word to me nor introduced himself. I find that odd considering I have made countless copies for him and not to mention he is my personal doctor. The doctor never raised his voice at us (the women at the front) but at the end of the afternoon he scolded us in a very degrading manner for not having finished all of the collections. In my personal opinion, his expectation of us finishing all of the collections in one afternoon was unreasonable. There were hundreds of names on the list and the process was very involved.
It is disappointing that the doctor has been so rude but all the nurses and staff have been so welcoming. I wonder if it is stress or his authority that has caused his behavior but either was it has been a great first two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment