Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 3

Today went very well for me. I helped at the front until noon, when they close on Wednesdays, and then helped Jess, the nurse, for the rest of the afternoon. While working at the front I pulled files for collections, checked if physicals were needed on certain patients and verified shot records. Once we closed, Dr. Komenda asked me to move the leather couches around so we could vacuum. After Jess, Melinda and I were able to move all the chairs, couches and tables onto tiled areas, I was able to get back to the real job. Jess and I went through medical charts and taught me about lab work and how to read it and know if the results are abnormal or normal. We then called patients back to inform them of their lab work results. It was exciting to be making the calls by myself. I felt very comfortable doing this kind of work- much more than I did when I was filing papers. She then taught me how to take notes when talking to patients (ie- abbreviations, what's important and what isn't). It was overall a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment