Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 5

My last day at Family Medicine at Willow Bend was bittersweet. It was sad to leave the friends I've made, yet very exciting because it marked the end of one of the last steps before I graduate. When the day started I immediately began seeing patients. No tedious filing of charts for me, today at least. We were very busy so when Mrs. Johnson came to check up on me I hardly had time to stop! Jess and I gave at least 30 shots and did 2 EKG's. Then a man who was about 50 came in staggering covered with blood. We immediately recommended that he goes to the ER but due to a lack of insurance he said they would not accept him. Jess had me bandage him up and sterilize and wrap his massive wound. It was a pretty gnarly sight. After another lunch provided by drug reps I reluctantly said good-bye and they invited me back if I was looking for any part-time work this summer. Overall, this has been a fabulous experience that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment